US citizen investing from EU

@seejer Glad to hear there doesn’t seem to be bad consequences and I’ll probably be able to continue using my brokerage account.

I just looked into the sticky status thanks for bringing that up. Looks like I have to cancel my driver license and pick another bank that’s not in CA since I’m not sure I’ll ever go back.

@kimhills You could also set up a Virtual Mailbox that gives you a US address to update your Vanguard account to. That way you don't have to rely on a friend and you have more control over your things.

@kimhills Definitely option #1. Did this myself in 1996 when I moved abroad… haven’t changed it since… still living abroad today. The address happens to be my parent’s address, and they haven’t moved. The only snail mail they get is IRS forms which are also available online.

@kimhills I'm not a US citizen but I have read some blogs on the Investments For Expats website that looks at US expats and investing. I'm a UK citizen so I am not fully aware of the intricacies that come with investing as a US expat.

That might have some solutions for you. I think it might be more to do with 401ks Rollovers and IRAs but might be worth a look.

I assume he is an advisor that works with US due to the number of blogs on the website.

I hope it helps, sorry I can't be of more help!