harvimaxic

I was working at company A but left it for company B.

Things did not work out with company B and I left after 1 week

After leaving company B, I joined company C.

Company C thinks I joined right them right after company A.

I was/am full time employee at all these companies.

This being tax season, company C asked me for "withholding tax slip" (源泉徴収票, gensenchoshuhyou). I gave what I got from company A thinking since I worked only for a week at company B, the money I got from B would be minuscule to be included in tax.

However, today I received 源泉徴収票, gensenchoshuhyou from company B and the amount is between 1.5M - 2M JPY (I was not expecting them to give me sign on bonus but they did).

Questions:

1) Do I need to share this with current company C, considering that company B already paid taxes on my behalf.

2) If answer to #1 is yes, how do I explain the circumstances to company C since they think I joined directly from company A.

3) If I have to do the taxes myself (I am considering this since I do not want to share about company B and answer to #1 is yes), does anyone know good English speaking tax consultant?

Paging /@sociologyiscool , /@kristhuy as they are quite good at these things.

@harvimaxic Yes, you need to tell C about B, or hand over the gensenchoshuhyo of B to C, IF C has not filed your taxes yet.

If they already filed, you'll need to amend your tax return on your own. It's not that difficult, just takes patience.

@munkustrap Thanks for answering.

you'll need to amend your tax return on your own.

Any idea where I can do that? Ready to pay some tax consultant or if they do help out with this at kuyakushou? If the current company already filed taxes and I file them as well, which one takes precedence?

Someone told me I need to file kakutei-shinkoku. Is that what you are saying?

@harvimaxic Yes. If you submit yourself, you also need to provide all the insurance amounts (for supplementary insurance), etc., ... if you aren't buying life / health insurance then you don't need to worry about this.