Mercury doesn’t renew car insurance!! In CA

rickel

Mercury just sent me a notice they won’t renew my car insurance ( although I have a great record) and all the insurance companies I’ve called are not signing new clients. I am freaking out. What do I do?!?????

@rickel Google "independent agent near me" and ask for assistance. It's free to use their services. They can find quotes for you with companies still writing in CA. Expect a 2-4 week wait time for acceptance.

I called progressive they denied me. Same with Geico. AAA was always pricey.
Even Mercury was 800 for 2 cars, pre increase its bunkers with those car insurances.

@rickel If driver record is clear, I have Liberty Mutual and Progressive still running. Haven’t seen any non-renewals from Mercury though, it’s my understanding they’re flipping back to growth mode in CA.

@rickel Mercury should be renewing. Do they have a copy of the registration showing it’s in your name? Do you have a good payment history? All other drivers not listed on your policy are excluded? Allstate is still selling and you can buy it for the day you need it but it’s 2 months down.

State Farm is about a 2 week wait and their prices should increase another 25% October

AAA is also set to increase in September about 30% I believe and it’s 40% of the year to start

Farmers has a waiting period of 14-21 days and I believe it’s 60% to start

Progressive is accepting high risk drivers but I’ve seen a lot of customers have to pay in full.

@kpa1991 Mercury also announced 20% increase but then I got an email saying “non-renewal” I’ve been with them for a long time I don’t understand? Everything is in order I make payments on time etc