@katie1987 Ya, liquidity is not an issue for ETF's they do not work the same way as stocks etc. the ETF fund providers contract with market markers to ensure that there is always an active market for the ETF around the net asset value price based on the value of the underlying holdings in the ETF.

@teenchristian16 V3AA / A2QL8U is personally my savings plan ETF starting this month (I didn't have any before this so I am glad this came just in time!). It's cheaper than SPDR's ACWI IMI ETF, and also filters out companies making weapons or dealing in coal, which is a sweetener.

Yeah, fund volume is low, but every fund had low volumes once. I don't see why that should be a problem for me when I'm buying once a month and holding for decades.

VWCE / A2PKXG neither has the weapons filter nor a broader coverage of small-cap, so I don't see why this shouldn't replace that anyway.

@submiracle
VWCE / A2PKXG neither has the weapons filter nor a broader coverage of small-cap, so I don't see why this shouldn't replace that anyway.

Because the small cap premium might not exist. Ben Felix has a video on this:

Personally I'd like Vanguard or iShares to create a World Small Cap Value ETF and I would combine that with VWCE.

@lovelygrace Well, Small Cap premium and such analyses involve usually the US market data, but for me it's important to capture mid-cap companies in emerging and/or other small markets where a 'mid-cap' is much smaller than the USD-Market cap definition and ends up falling under small-cap (i.e., quite big in those markets but not big by index standards).

For example, in India, the Nifty 500 index is comprised of 250 small cap, 150 mid cap, and 100 large-cap companies. However, the FTSE All-World index only has 171 companies from India in total. An All-Cap Index would stretch that number considerably to 268 after ESG exclusions, making sure the mid-cap is appropriately covered.

This effect is in-fact even present in bigger markets, where the index definition of mid-cap doesn't align with the country's popular local indices defining mid-cap. E.g. in Germany, DAX + MDAX = 90 companies only on the Prime Standard (i.e., General Standard is excluded), but FTSE All-World has only 81 while including both Prime and General Standard companies.

Personally, I am glad I can get exposure to global "small" cap companies while being able to exclude weapons manufacturers and coal energy companies, which otherwise seems impossible.

It would be good if an ETF in the future used more market-relevant definitions for large, mid, and small cap rather than a one-size fits all approach, but for now, this is what we have.