I don't understand the terminology on my contracts and I'm worried I'll be left with a balance after auto insurance pays. Can someone translate?

human4

Sorry if this is a stupid question and sorry for the wall of text...

So I was reading over my purchase agreement and insurance coverages and I'm confused by the wording. I originally thought GAP insurance paid off whatever balance was remaining on a vehicle once the insurance has paid the value of the car. I am now learning that Progressive doesn't cover the full loan, but only a portion.

Based on what the contracts say, I am worried that in the event of an accident, I will be left with a balance to pay on the vehicle.

I just need help understanding the terminology and what it all means if anyone can help.

The facts:
  • Car is a 2017 Kia Rio LX (worth somewhere between $7-8k, depending on who you ask)
  • Bought in early 2022.
  • Payoff balance left owed on car is in the ballpark of $13.5k (I know, I know)
  • Insurance policy through Progressive with 1K deductible.
  • Have GAP through finance company (Carvana/Ally)
  • Have Loan/Lease Payoff through Progressive
The wording:
  • - From Carvana/Ally/purchase agreement: "If the amount financed or lease cap cost exceeds 150% of the lowest of (a) the Vehicle purchase price or agreed upon value as shown on the Financial Agreement*, (b) MSRP, or (c) J.D. Power or equivalent retail book value, the settlement will be reduced in proportion to the amount that exceeds the stated limit of 150%. In no event will this GAP Addendum*

waive any amount in excess of fifty-thousand dollars ($50,000)."
  • (The amount financed according to the Financial Agreement is $14925.16. JD Power estimate is $8,729 - $10,022. Original MSRP is $15,395)
  • - From Progressive: "If your vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident and you have loan/lease payoff coverage, we'll pay the difference between your vehicle's value and what you owe on it, up to 25% of your vehicle's value (though the exact limit can vary by state)."
Can someone help me understand what all this means. Not worried about insurance paying me or paying the 1k deductible. Totally fine with breaking even.. Moreso wondering if I'd be left holding a bill