Conquered 1cr milestone today by investing in Mutual funds

@doyouknowmyfather Follow whatever I say with caution, but this is what I suggest, to reduce analysis paralysis:
  1. Imagine you lose your job tomorrow, what will you do? Have 6--9 months of required monthly expenses in an FD as 'emergency fund'.
  2. If you're saying 46k can be all invested, then keep maybe 60% of it in index funds monthly, 15% in high performing active small cap (playing with fire but with exciting returns), and 25% in additional debt fund or FD.
Hope that helps.

@jamie2 Aur hum yaha 30k per month pe atke hai thanks to shitty appraisals. Posts like these are what I need to set future goals.

@leras Congrats op, glad to see others who get it. The biggest and sureshot roi comes by investing in self, I always say that but everyone in my circle thinks they're the wolf of wall street.

If you don't mind, sharing your yearly progression of investment size will help motivate.

@leras Hmmm... Still feel that there are issues. The invested amount should be a more steady upward curve right? Why is it showing a huge dip during market corrections...

@leras I started my investment journey 30 years ago (value of the Rupee was of course much more then). 10 years for my first crore. It was 6 crore 9 years later and 17 crore today, though I stopped working some years ago. The difficult thing is making your first crore. You have started well. Congrats !