REIT vs Real estate investment

@follow_the_word Mind space is also good I found it in between embassy and Brookfield in terms of market cap and growth projections. Since I didn’t wanted to diversify more I picked embassy for diversification portfolio and Brookfield for aggressive investment style.

@slowbie Thanks for the input. I bought Brookfield in August, because I found the valuation attractive. I have been looking into whether I should increase my holding or get a different REIT to diversify the real estate exposure across India. Brookfield doesn't have anything in the important tech zones (Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad). I also looked at Nexus Select, but I feel that public footfall in malls is very capricious.

@slowbie I am really not sure how can REITs give honest returns.

there is one tech park nearby and they are (part of) an REIT.

I see endless moneys being spent on repairs, beautification, refixing bad repairs, etc. for sure these will be round-tripping money to their benami businesses : labour contract and materials.

Update on 16th March 2024 :

After long time i got chance analyse my REIT investment. Embassy did a fantastic run from the bottom where as BIRET is still lingering there. While I was checking the results and buying selling data, I found that on 20th Dec 2023 there was large amount of block deal after which Embassy started its upward journey. Seems like the overhang of older investor was cleared and new investors have come into this stock. New interest is coming to this REIT now. There was no such action for BIRET and its showing that in its price :( So it make sense to ride Embassy than BIRET. I will be adding to my position in Embassy going forward on any dips I get on weekly basis or SMA supports.

Technically : The chart of Embassy looks super bullish on Monthly and Weekly TF. if it closes and sustain above 410. First target will be 500 !!.

Dividend : Till now I have received 4.46 % dividend on my invested value. My holding is approx 1+ year now.

https://preview.redd.it/omj0zcerylo...bp&s=f3f225cc78f389495b2c080fcbbb991c463e8d98