[California] My unemployment balance finally hit $0. Does anyone know what will happen now? Fed-ed extension, BYE 3/15

I reapplied after 3/15 and got the usual denial claim. Called in because my payments up to 4/10 were pending and they released the payments. Ever since then, no issues were with my account. But now, finally my balance hit $0. Does anyone know what will happen with my account now? Anyone in a similar situation on the fed ed exenstion that ended up running out their balance recently?

Do they reload my balance? Thanks for reading.

@managedsurrender My BYE was 3/22 Fed Ed. I didn't refile because I wanted to use my remaining balance. Which was six weeks worth.. Now I am at 0$. And it tells me "benefits are no longer payable on this claim." So I I gotta refile and call. Unless someone else can chime in on the matter?

@galaxithea I was in the same situation with Fed Ed. When my balance hit 0 I gave them a call. Had to be transferred to a tier 2 who refiled for me AND applied the extension. A few days after that I got an email that I was now on PEUC extension. We will see how it goes next week when I have to certify. I know calling is horrible but it seems to be the fastest way to get your account straightened out.

@managedsurrender Yep, on the same boat, BYE 3/15 and on FED-ED. My balance reached $0 today. I don't have a check back in to certify anymore and it says maximum benefits paid.

I never refiled, rep told me to keep certifying until I hit $0 and it should auto extend. I'm going to wait like 3-5 days and if nothing happens I'll give them a call. I didn't work all last year unfortunately so hopefully they can put me on the extension and I hope its an easy process.

@crizdad I’m in the same boat. Can you post an update when you get your extension? 5 days have already passed for me and no extension yet. The rep I talked to said 2 weeks so this week is going to be my 2nd week… hope everything works out well

@joyfullyhis2347 Update: I just got the message today in my inbox as usual, but it did talk about the extension but nothing about being award it yet.

" YOUR EXTENSION IS EXHAUSTED. YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANOTHER EXTENSION. NO ACTION IS NEEDED ON YOUR PART. IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE, IT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY FILED FOR YOU, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL, AND YOU WILL BE MAILED CLAIM FORMS.

YOUR CLAIM BALANCE AFTER THIS PAYMENT IS $0.00 "

I'm debating on still waiting a couple more days or calling in!

@immanuelmark Alright! I think I opted for paperless so I don't know if they will actually send me paper mail, but I plan to wait a few more days too, and if nothing happens I guess I'll call to make sure I actually got extended