ronnec1208

Calculation on what one receives at retirment from AHV seem to be "complicated".
Q: is there any minimum threshold to meet in order to get any AHV Pension?
E.g. what if I only spend 15 years in CH paying into AHV... Will onget any pension at age of 65? Assuming also I won't be resident in CH anymore?
Thanks.

@ronnec1208 « Is there any minimum threshold »

Yes, 1 year. But to get the full amount of your first pillar, you need to contribute for 44 years. Therefore each year contributed grants you ~2.3% of allocated amount per month for the first pillar. If let’s say you contribute for 15 years, you will get 34% of the first pillar amount you were eligible for.

The monthly amount you are eligible for is between 1225CHF and 2450CHF and this is dependent on your salary at the time of contribution. Therefore with 15 years you will get 34% of that amount monthly.

« Assuming I won’t be in Switzerland anymore »

Now, it depends on your citizenship and the country you are going to.
If you’re Swiss/EU or the country you’re going to has agreements with Switzerland (mainly EU + other countries), they will pay you the pension abroad (ofc you will have to do the necessary administrative steps)

If the country doesn’t have an agreement and you’re not swiss/eu, you can ask for a reimbursement of your contributions

https://www.ch.ch/en/retirement