What's up with those ads for real estate investment from 10k CHF?

@sqs1 Foxstone and others. Thought someone here might have experience.
Yeah, they seem like a real company. And yeah, hence my question, how does it compare to REITs, if it's scummy or not, and whether it's like a legit option that should be considered.

@jamesf123 I don't think that Foxstone is scummy (in comparaison of thing like ShareWood was) they are not selling implausing return of 10% more and the swiss "stone" doesn't look to be at high risk.

The only issue would be that it's a lot less liquid, but I don't understand people complaining about having bought a bulding and not being able to sell it the following day to cover their leverage on bitcoin !

Once again that doesn't mean that it's a good plan, that they are zero financial risk or a investment recommandation from me. Just that they look to be a regular company and not an Nigerian scam.

@jamesf123 It sounds like an interesting idea, fundamentally

Following some american influencers who started to promote the us version of these ads it looks to be some sort of mlm system; at least the us version of this.

@jamesf123 It is a financial tool to fleece 10k from you.

There are better options like RIETs to explore before you would even touch this product.

(If you were interested)

@meshel21 Basically, you are buying a massive premium on an illiquid financial tool.

The better alternative are REITs, if you are going to dabble in this segment.

Nothing is ever easy or without risk in investing.

DYOR

@jamesf123 Yeah the buisness model is highly in favour of them and not you.
Why would anyone, look, reaserach and keep up with hundreds of people just so you can earn a few bucks?

You carry all the downside risk, meanwhile they charge hefty fees.

Better of buying a Anfo or Sima fond..