ddallen8868

Here’s the situation:

I am an E-6 with dependents and did a PPM. I rented a 26 foot U-Haul with an auto transport. I weighed the U-Haul without the trailer for my Empty weight and it weighed around 13000 lbs. I took it home and loaded it up. Take it back to the weigh station and weigh it, again without the trailer attached, and it weighs roughly 27000 lbs. So a difference of 14000 pounds. As an E-6 I’m authorized to move 11000 lbs.

My questions are:
What happens that I’m around 3000 lbs over the limit? Do I owe the army?
Is there a max payload that the U-Haul is allowed to transport? I’m being told there might be.
Should I just bite the bullet and say I lost three U-Haul weight tickets?
Im stressing and don’t know what to do.

What are my options in this situation?
Anything might help and is appreciated.

Side note: I haven’t signed into my new unit yet.

@ddallen8868 You should just get paid for your max weight of 11,000 pounds. They just won’t pay you extra for the 3000 you went over the limit. Just turn the weight tickets in and it will be just fine.

@ddallen8868 You won’t owe them anything. They’ll only reimburse you for 11,000 pounds but you’ll still be reimbursed. If the Army moved you and you’re over the limit then they’ll charge you for the overage. So it’s a good thing you did a PPM.

@ddallen8868 Your second question “is there a max payload that the U-haul is allowed to transport?”

Yes, the truck will have a GCWR (gross combined weight rating) that is the max weight of the truck and all the people and crap in it. You shouldn’t exceed that. Also know how tall the truck is. Find the info decal on the door.

@ddallen8868 Not a big deal they will pay up to max weight allocation. No need to strss!!! Turn in certified weight tickets. And wait to get paid. I’m 22 years army retired here. I did a ppm every time.

@ddallen8868 I don't think they would even know that. Although it's not a good practice but I'm sure you were unaware😂 as far as I know they only look at weights of the truck empty then the truck full trip tickets and add it up and pay you in your allowable max weight.