Platforms to buy US index funds on + Funds db for local offers?

heartcall

Hi guys, other than EE are there any SA platforms that will let me buy Vanguard, IShares etc?

Also, is there a good fund website with information about the different local funds (e.g. Core Shares, Satrix, Sygnia etc) ranked according to performance, and their 3-Y, 5-Y returns, and risk ratios (sharpe, sortino, beta, alpha etc.)

@heartcall fundsdata you can use their tool and ranking to rank funds based on investment etc.

They also have charting where you can select a whole bunch of funds and indexes or benchmarks.

I use interactive brokers for USD based investments.

@faith4l Alright cheers will check it out.

So other than EE there aren't any decent SA based platforms to invest in US etfs?

I know about IB, but was hoping to stick to local brokers/platforms for now.

@faith4l But Sygnia (and Satrix) only lets you buy their own funds right.

I've read about PSG as well, but it seems similar, where they offer their own funds. These funds may mirror US funds, but you can't actually buy non-SA funds on these two sites like you can on EE.

@heartcall I think I missed what your asking.

If you want US Dollar based funds (so not local zar) that is based in a foreign currency and not from a local provider (like Allan Gray USD funds), then I don't know of anyone else except EE (Like Vanguard, ARK etc).

That being said, I by no means regard EE as a decent long term platform. Their pricing and pooling of trades and platform itself - I rather prefer investing via IB for long hauls. This of course is my personal opinion.

Happy investing!