Shopping for mortgage? Here are some general concepts you might be interested knowing

@josh1992 Yup. Well I don't try and play around with the stock market much, but just stick to the Index. But even that is almost guaranteed to give you more than 3-4% of returns in the long run.

@stefo 100%, I became really passionate about finance at one point, and I really enjoy digging through data and scouting out investment opportunities. My parents and friends like to take a more passive approach and stick to the index, which is what I will be switching to in a few years. It is very time consuming to try to keep up with the market... However, like I said, I don’t feel it because to me it became like a hobby, no different than video games or gardening 😊

@blazingstarblossoms because the undisciplined borrower will end up paying more interest on the LOC, first because of its highest interest and second because of the relaxed framework that does not require repayment of principal. If you are a disciplined borrower, LOC can be wonderful tools for flexibility.