My neighbor’s house exploded. How do I proceed from here?

@babygems Literally can we stop fucking police chases. It’s always so stupidly dangerous.

Take a note of the fucking car and go arrest them later jfc.

Note that you’re likely going to be able to sue the city if the cop didn’t have a good enough reason to do a chase.

@stefan4298 The car is stolen, what’s the point of taking note of it? “Oh yeah, that one there is stolen, let’s go arrest the owner…” your advice should be “literally can we stop fucking criminals. It’s always so stupid and dangerous”

@tomorrowtoday No, the explosion happened three hours after the crash. Neighborhood has been evacuated. Our local gas supplier was unable to respond within three hours of the emergency call being made, leading to the explosion.

@rrico The crash was at 3 am, but I have worked with enough of their crews (worked at a bar multiple linemen frequented) to know they have teams on duty for these kinds of things, not to mention rotating on call details that are there to respond to such emergencies

@rrico The utility had an employee respond, but the employee couldn't find any turn-off, according to a police sergeant. So the utility then tried to call in a crew from a city half an hour away, but they didn't arrive in time.

@babygems That's ridiculous, idk what state you're in but that shit wouldn't happen/fly in NY. I'd definitely let the insurance know about that. Hell, I'd ask for the gas companies insurance policy.

@babygems Yeah I just saw further down that it was in NY. Jesus, call the public service commission. That's nuts. Fire dept should be on the recordings of radio transmissions asking for the gas company to the scene and an ETA.... would love to hear dispatcher response about a shitty ETA or "no ETA given"