lucaswey

Hi! Not sure if this is the right sub for this.

Quick background

32m with 2kids and good wife(I mean hnd maluho ☺️)

former ofw and decided to stay na sa pinas

With enough EF(8digits (yeah yeah msyado malaki but ayoko muna mag risk for now)), properties, insured and right now my source of income is apartments and small business which around (60k for apartments and 40k+ for my small business)

Here are my questions

Nung ng resign ako sa ibang bansa as web dev nahinto ako ng almost 6 years and nung ng browse ult ako sa linkedin which is hnd ko na naupdate since ng resign ako at nag gwa ng small business nakita ko ung mga colleagues ko na tataaas na ng position or narating pero ako eto stuck s small business and waiting lng s mga upa sa apartments ko. Alam ko na ang iba saatin e un dn ang goal to have passive income but alam mo un parang napag iiwanan ka n ng iba. gusto ko sna mag catchup at mg study ult at malayo n talga ang agwat ng alam ko ngaun sa latest tech pero nung naalala ko ung mga pressure at stress as dev parang ayaw ko n bmalik s corpo pero boring dn naman kng mg hhntay lng ako ng rent and ung business ko is malayo sa tech. If ikaw ang nsa position ko do u still contiune this setup or will work again para sa passion mo?

I mentioned earlier that i have ef/savings around 2*.***.*** and i know some of you will say na dapat hnd ko ito ilagay sa savings although i already purchased vacant lots (4) and working apartments(10) and still i have liquid asset. ntatakot kc ako bmli ng stock baka bgla bmaksak. I also have mp2 pero medyo skeptic padin dahl sa current na nkaupo sa government natn baka alam nyo na pag interesan ang mp2 savings. so kung kayo saan nyo kaya ito pwede gamitin ung less sna ang risk just for my kids if ng college sila may magagamit ako

Salamat sa mga nag basa :)

Edit: I know some people here will see it as bragging or flexing but don't get me wrong. Mahirap kc hmingi ng advice s mga friends or relatives they think na it's not a problem at all at baka utangan pa ako kea dto aq ng open. Hope u understand

@lucaswey You are a self made man.

Eitherway, you are already WEALTHY;

in comparison with your friend who are RICH (either by corporate position/compensation)

Are you HAPPY for the path you have chosen?
Do you have the JOY of being where you are right now. The PEACE in your heart being with your love ones.

Sabi ko WEALTHY; wealth is the TOTAL of all the things we want in life. THE TIME THAT YOU ARE ENJOYING maybe are the same TIME that they (your friends in the corpo ladder) longing for. 😊

Some self made man are looking back in nostalgia and and make other scenarios of "what if" in their lives; it's normal btw. ☺️

Nandun ka na ksi sa SELF ACTUALIZATION. You did it your way pero may KULANG... The glory. Your glory as a CONQUEROR. 😊

So sagot ko sayo? WHY NOT? Be a web developer again, not as an employee but as a businessman or entrepreneur; DO SOMETHING GREAT for the Filipinos. Google abroad is the same as Google PH.

We are rooting for you OP. Kami parokyano mo in the future. 😊

@deborah101 Thanks for this. Actually happy nmn ako kc I have time to spent with my kids and my wife is hnd nman sya maluho and masaya sya s crafting business nya although hnd ganun kalaki kita and I feel blessed kc kuntento sya s low key lifestyle namin kahit alam nya na my ganito kaming savings.
Maybe I will pursue being web dev again or maybe try to learn new things. Siguro d q lang maiwasan I compare ung sarili q s mga ksama q dati. Sgro I just need someone to talk wala kse akong friends hehe thanks s insights 😊

@lucaswey Try mo tigilan ang pag compare ng sarili mo sa iba.
Sabi nga sa Kingsman : There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self.

@lucaswey “Comparison is the theft of joy.”

“There is nothing noble in being superiod to your fellow to man. True nobility is being superior to your former self.”

Some quotes I live by kung nakakaramdam ako ng inggit. Hehe. Might help.

@jpbadke77 If you can't help but compare, comparison can also be used to change perspective. When i find myself comparing with those who have more than what I have, i change it by comparing with those who don't have what I have. Lol. Parang it just brings you back to where you are. Like when i feel down kasi si ganito promoted to a higher position, iisipin ko si ganitong colleague na ilang years na di mapromote promote. Lol schadenfreude but it kinda works? 🙊