Rear ended and provided false information to the insurance company.

bythetruth

Hello, my car was hit from behind at the intersection, resulting in damage to my rear bumper. The truck that collided with me showed no visible damage. We both pulled into a nearby parking lot to exchange information. Two weeks later, his insurance informed me that they couldn't cover the damages to my car because the other driver claimed they were parked in a lot (2 miles away from the accident site) alleging that I was reversing and struck their front. With conflicting accounts, their insurance denied liability. What steps should I take next?

@bythetruth If you have collision coverage on your vehicle, you can pay your deductible and use your own coverage to get your vehicle fixed. You should probably take it to a body shop and get an estimate first to see if it's worth having the claim on your loss history. If the payout after your deductible will be small, it's probably better to just eat the cost.

Get a dash cam for next time. People lie. There's nothing you can do to make the other driver's insurance pay if you don't have proof.

@bythetruth You should’ve contacted police to get a police report. Without doing so you have no evidence to work with unless you get evidence somewhere else