Question

hopeeternal

I got into a wreck “not at fault” and the insurance company has agreed to pay me 20$ a day for every day I don’t have my car, and for lost wages, but I also had to miss school because I didn’t have my car, can I do anything about that?

@hopeeternal Are you injured and seeking medical treatment? Or is just physical damage to the vehicle that we’re talking about here? Short answer is: if there’s bodily injury then yes there is potentially compensation and consideration for you missing school but if it’s just damage to a car you should feel lucky they’re compensating you what they are. Most carriers will only pay for the damage to the car and a rental with proof that rental costs were actually incurred.

@hopeeternal That $20/day limit likely comes from your rental reimbursement coverage. You can use it to Uber then. Before you say it’s not enough to cover all of the ubering while your car is in the shop, you purchased those rental limits and they can be increased if you choose to purchase more. But looks like you’ll have to Uber, Lyft, or take a taxi.

@hopeeternal Minimum age to be an Uber passenger alone is 13 and you own and drive a car so you’re older than that. No, they’re not going to give you more money for that because they’re already giving you the $20/day rental reimbursement which is all you’re entitled to for this specific cost. Use your $20/day to Uber.

@cazamal To have a Uber account, one has to be thirteen and above with a parent approved account, I do not have a guardian to approve an account, as I am emancipated.

@hopeeternal Then call a taxi or pay a friend or call a relative and pay them or put your $20/day towards a bike or get a good pair of shoes to start walking more in or take public transit.