MerryMart IPO day... on first day of trading since DOW drop (Monday, June 15)

lilbithmb

Happy DAY_OF_THE_WEEK, Barkada --​

The PSE closed up 37 points to 6477 ▲0.57%.​

Thanks to @zerocool, @iso8583, and @wintersteeles for suggesting that I should include a Paypal or Patreon link. Thanks to @swswswsws for suggesting Paypal.me and Buy Me Coffee. These are all interesting ways for me to allow Barkadans to contribute what they feel comfortable contributing, without making this some kind of "pAy mE tO jOiN mY iNeR cIrClE" mess. Mailchimp is costing US $120/mo now, and I'd like to explore ways to try to break... more even? Haha. I will still do MB regardless. But the support does help.

A huge thank-you also to /@savia (@Real_Yield on Discord), a statistician and banking analyst from /r/phinvest, who has dropped by to help us understand the weirdness of "negative interest rates" that you might have been hearing about.

Daily meme

COVID Update​

Code:
WW:  7981486
PH:  25930

Top 3 MB indices:​

Code:
 Telco       ▲2.07%
 POGO Prop.  ▲1.77%
 D30 Targets ▲1.72%

Bottom 3 MB indices:​

Code:
 2019 IPOs   ▼4.04%
 MiddleClass ▼2.25%
 POGO Gaming ▼2.06%

Main stories covered:​

1. MerryMart IPO today!
  2. /@savia Q&A: "What are negative rates?"
  3. East West Bank sets aside P10-billion for COVID loan losses in 2020
  4. Siy Family looking to sell 40% stake in Kenny Rogers Roasters to help pay down debt
  5. Filinvest Land looking at REIT to aggressively expand leasing business

About Merkado Barkada​

Merkado Barkada is a daily email newsletter covering all the stocks, bonds, companies, characters, and issues that make up the Philippine Stock Exchange. I don't make any money from MB, I don't use affiliate links or anything to trick people, and I don't sell email addresses for quick pesos. I simply like researching news and writing about current events in a way that helps my friends, family, and barkada to understand more easily what is happening.

Join our Barkada here

Read today's full email [here](URL)​

EDIT: Here's the full email!