Advice

goldnagel

My partner got rear ended 5 months ago (not at fault) my car has been at the body shop ever since, we were fighting the use of recycled or cheap aftermarket parts being used on my car, which the insurance didn’t want to agree I was assured I wouldn’t have to payout of pocket by the body shop since I don’t have any agreement or policy with said insurance company. But now my car seems to be done and detailed but insurance won’t cover the remaining balance i dont know if I should talk to some type of lawyer or my insurance. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

@goldnagel Unless you’re going through your own insurance and have an endorsement saying you’ll get new/OEM parts or the law in wherever this accident happened says that you’re due the same, you’re only due LKQ parts. You have to pay for the difference for the new parts yourself. This is typical of every insurer, especially third party insurers where you are not their customer.

This assumes that your car wasn’t brand new.

You’re welcome to talk to an attorney, but they’ll likely agree with all of the above absent some local law.