jhubb

I want to open a Zero Balance Bank Account. I tried doing some research but would like you to give me your best suggestions, advice, recommendations on it.

Here are my requirements for zero balance account:

✓ Bank is licensed and regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for safety and compliance with banking regulations.

✓ Bank offering long-term safety, security, stability, reliability, transparency and trustworthiness with my money

✓ Genuinely zero-balance account i.e. no monthly maintenance fees and banks do not penalize for maintaining a zero balance.

✓ Unlimited or maximum and free of charge basic banking services like account maintenance, financial transactions, ATM withdrawals regardless of account balance.

✓ Bank that operate with complete transparency, where the financial transactions are conducted without any unexpected deductions or hidden fees.

✓ Free Physical Debit Card and Cheque Book.

✓ SMS and Email alerts for every online and offline transaction to stay informed about my account activity in real-time.

✓ Timely, knowledgeable, responsive, effective customer service and support, available both offline and online through multiple channels.

✓ Good and strong digital banking capabilities.

✓ Seamless access to my funds without any additional charges.

✓ Free of charge and easy money deposit options.

✓ Minimal transaction failure rates, smooth and reliable financial transactions.

✓ Branch and ATM Accessibility.

✓ Additional perks and benefits. (Optional).

✓ Competitive and favourable interest rates (Optional).

Sorry for long post.

@jhubb Itna sab kuch HNI ko bhi ek savings account pe nahi milega or aap 0 balance account se expect kar rahe ho. From a bank's perspective 0 balance accounts are just a marketing tool. Why would they extend everything for free to such customers as it doesn't make a lot of business sense.

@jeff144 I did some research prior to posting it here but I couldn't choose as I was confused. As I don't know much so laid out my maximum requirements here in anticipation to get most relevant responses.
Request you to not troll me.

@dalebend Not from the comments here though. I read a Forbes article where they had put a list of banks offering zero balance bank account service along with their pros and cons. So there, IDFC First Bank was on top and it matches my requirements tbh.
And many other posts or comments online were suggesting Kotak 811, but I doubt that bank as there are many negative reviews for it.
So am still not sure which bank to open a zero balance account.
Will try in IDFC First this week.