Your TSP choices are bad.

@frankiejohn Point taken. My thought process was that trying to be nice about it in the past hasn't really worked, so I thought a more direct approach would serve as a better wake up call. We have a serious problem with poor advice spreading like cancer, see this thread at the top of our sub as an example, where the top rated comment is just plain bad advice.

@cbc8171 He’s actually correct. He recognizes it’s based on personal risk tolerance and doesn’t try to shove his view down people’s throats like you.

@g54 I have a high risk tolerance. It doesn't suddenly make poor investing more optimal than superior choices. There was some Nobel Prize winning math done on the subject in the 80s which founded Modern Portfolio Theory.

Here's a brief intro to some of the core ideas

And that's just an intro to one aspect of portfolio construction and investment management. Investing is ripe with people suffering from the Dunning Kruger effect, where they think they have it figured out, but there's so much they don't know. Risk tolerance isn't everything, and where risk is an important subject, most people have no idea what it even means in investing and can discuss it intelligently.

@brooklyn1212 Did I say I was immune?

I don't know everything, but I do have a master's degree in personal finance and a specialization in Investment management. I've been in the shoes of the people who recommend 100 C portfolios. I recognize that's a sign of a layman, beginner, or novice. After more time learning, people leave that behind. Which is why all the experts don't recommend it. And they don't recommend it cause there's no evidence for it. So though I'm not immune to biases, I'm pretty confident this isn't my own ignorance here causing this conflict.