Would my auto insurance increase if I hit a careless pedestrian jaywalking on a private property?

prinzleczy

Would my auto insurance increase if I hit a careless pedestrian jaywalking on a private property?
Would my auto insurance increase if I hit a careless pedestrian jaywalking on a private property? Here are the case facts: - 1. Pedestrian was hit by my car while crossing a road located within a private property (a community college) in Brampton, Ontario (Canada) 2. I was in no position to clearly see the pedestrian in advance as the pedestrian suddenly appeared from behind the huge pile of snow on the side of the road. The pedestrian was walking from the parking lot and came onto the road from a blind spot. 3. I was driving at 30kms/hrs and saw the pedestrian just before I hit the pedestrian. 4. The pedestrian was NOT using the designated pedestrian crosswalk but was jaywalking on the road in attempt to cross the road. 5. I applied brakes as soon as I saw the pedestrian on my way but the pedestrian got hit by the time finished applying the breaks. I think my car came in contact with the pedestrian when the car had almost stopped possibly causing the minimum impact. Pedestrian seemed to be all right (not injured) but was slightly in pain due to the hit as my car hit her in the thigh. She did not fall down and was still able to walk (but was crying due to the shock) 6. I called 911 (both cops and ambulance) and they didnt charge me with offence. 7. The Police Officer concluded that it was not my fault after he confirmed with the witnesses that I actually tried to stop the car and that the pedestrian was jaywalking and not using the pedestrian walk for cross the road. The cop mentioned that I would have been charged if I were not driving on a private property. The building security also concluded that I was not at fault. 8. The police accident report makes no mention of my fault. 9. The paramedics concluded that pedestrian was not injured and was all right but they took her to the hospital anyway (for check up since the pedestrian seemed to have some pain in the thigh) My question is Although, I was not ticketed or charged, would MY INSURANCE GO UP? I have heard that Insurance companies are notorious and would hold you responsible anyways or may hold you partially at fault?

Try :QUOTEQUOTING.NET

@prinzleczy You easily compare quotes from different companies in your area at WWW.QUOTEQUOTING.NET

RELATED : Any 17-year olds just got auto insurance? (UK)?
Hello, I was wondering if anybody wouldbe able to inform me how much they settled and aged 17 has got auto insurance lately. I've been instructed 3k-4k however when I appear online most of the people are saying 800- 2k if you haven't only got insurance which of both selling prices is less unlikely for me? Where auto burglary is not high I livein an area and I may retain the automobile in a storage. I am a 17 year old man.