Would I have to pay HST when selling online on sites like eBay and StockX?

zoukirovic

StockX the shoes get shipped to them in the us and then they reship them wherever, I believe they do charge sales tax and duties and checkout regardless tho.

eBay I’m assuming if the person is in Canada you would have to just take 13% of your total sale and save that away for when you have to pay it? If there in the states tho all you would have to worry about is income tax correct?

Flipping is my full time job just don’t really sell on these sites much, anyone who’d know lmk thanks!

@zoukirovic If you’re not registered for HST then you don’t charge HST. Will you have 30K in revenue over any consecutive 4 quarters? If so you have to register for a HST number and then charge HST

@shekinah1978 I am registered for hst and have hit 30k. Was just worried about how am I supposed to know if the things I sell on StockX will end up in Canada as they don’t tell me, so I’m not sure if I should save 13% of it for taxes

@jjp297 StockX doesn’t tell me where it goes tho! I do ship it to them and then they ship it out to the person (they do this to verify the goods). So I guess technically I’m selling them to StockX which is us based

@jjp297 Haven’t actually shipped any orders but as far as I know they handle all the payments and such so I believe their name would be. So I think I’d be good for StockX then! Just eBay I’m wondering about

@zoukirovic So if your customer (the name on the order is StockX or whatever and the delivery address is not CDN, you don't charge HST or GST. If the address on the order is CDN, then you charge HST or GST depending on province.