Worth a lawyer? Hit by a child

@ifitry Lol… I am absolutely not worried at all of anything I say being misconstrued as legal advice or acting in bad faith. I watered down the language i use for the forum. My manager is just fine with me. This is an amateur hour I’m cool.

@resjudicata Thank you for the thoughtful response. I identify with so much of what you said. I am certainly not well versed in the world of insurance, and because this situation isn’t cut and dry, I feel unprepared to deal with it. I had a consultation with a local injury lawyer yesterday and he already gave me some guidance on how to handle my medical bills I’ve incurred so far.

@shizer I appreciate that. I do volunteer work for a local dog rescue group, and that is a major mental health boost for me. But right now I can’t even lean forward 15° without severe pain. So it’s not just my income I’m worried about, it’s also my quality of life.

@shizer Wildly unpopular because a lawyer steals a third of the month for doing nothing, leaving you stuck with possibly less than you need to break even. I know my settlement offer doesn’t go up when an attorney is hired…so in the end you’re losing 33% of your cash.

@shizer That’s not remotely factually true. The only way an attorney getting involved would result in policy limits is if the injury supported it and limits were already being considered. Or additional information was provided that warranted it.