With Anthem Blue Cross, No Urgent Care in Los Angeles after 5:00 P.M.?

mavep24

I am in very bad pain. I cannot afford or need to visit the emergency room, but searching on their site tells me there is no urgent care available near me after 5:00 on a Saturday, in the heart of Los Angeles.

I went through all the phone calls, connected from one fucking voice menu to another. When I finally got the representative in India, they couldn't understand me and wasted 15 more minutes of my time to come up with nothing.

Is there anything more I can do to get help for myself, tonight?

@mavep24 Your insurance should have a 24/7 nurse line that can help you. Check your ID card. I find it extremely difficult to believe an urgent care center is not open in LA after 5pm.

@mavep24 Urgent care centers are intended for problems that can't wait until you can get an appointment with your regular clinic in three weeks, not problems that can't wait until morning. So as you're finding out they're not open 24 hours, or often even late on a weekend Saturday. A lot of the ones around me also close at 5 on a Saturday or Sunday.

None of us can make an urgent care open up if there isn't one and getting hold of your insurance isn't going to change that fact either, so we can't really tell you anything beyond what you already know, your options are to go to the ER if it's something that can't wait until morning, or wait until morning if it is.

EDIT: Having said that I don't disagree with the other poster's advise as to going the other direction and seeing if any are open and then asking the centers if they take your insurance. Although you run the risk of being on the hook if the provider gives you bad information as to their insurance status.

@mavep24 Try looking up open urgent cares near you and see if they take your insurance? I’m not sure what plan you have, but I have anthem blue cross also and I pulled up quite a few urgent cares

@mavep24 Anthem blue cross offers online telehealth, which might be your best option after 5 pm. Indeed many urgent care centers close at 5-6 pm, that's unfortunately not surprising. But telehealth should be available longer hours.