@sisterpolly3 Would you consider buying one of these synthetic ETFs (such as LU0290358497 or FR0010510800) through a reputable broker safer than investing in one of the BlackRock Liquidity Funds offered through Wise?

@okiaconvit Sorry I'm absolutely no expert on this. I prefer these kinds of things from European banks because I think IF there are regulations, the European products rather have them than not.

That's not to say the US banks don't have regulations or even EU regulations when selling to EU customers but as they are all low-fee, going with a European option feels safer to do with a European vendor.

Regarding security, I read somewhere that they need to be covered by at least 90%, but idk if that holds true.

Generally I advise against supporting BlackRock, they shape companies to their liking and that's not always in the interest of the person who wants to see economic growth. Check "BlackRock ESG criticism" on google

@kaytiedid They are putting your money into a plain vanilla money market fund in exchange for that service they are charging you a fee and pocketing the difference between the yield and what they pay you. Convenience has a cost.

I mean it's a good option if you aren't interested in DIY but I think everyone should know it is possible and fairly easy to cut out the intermediary (Wise), save the fees and get a higher yield if you go and buy the money market fund directly.