Will USAA always be the cheapest car insurance company?

monty58

Quick input requested:

1) I currently have USAA on my moms USAA plan. I haven't gone to my own plan due to independent quotes being more expensive. USAA even told me that I can stay on her plan as long as I want too, and that they have some people in their "40"s still on their parents USAA car insurance plans. I bet this will be me, eventually. I'm now 28. . My premium is $89.91 per month for the max amounts of liability, uninsured motorist, etc., the whole nine yards.

2) Whenever I try to get a quote from State Farm, or Farmers, they are close to $50 more per month, for the same coverage limits now that I pay less than $90 per month for with USAA. (I also work for a personal injury lawyer, so I know the downsides of lowering policy limit coverage amounts in case of the inevitable, unthinkable accident.)

3) As a brief backstory. Driving record is clean. Ive been charged with Speeding 21-25 over, DWI, Careless Driving, and another 11-15mph speeding ticket. All charges have been dismissed.

4) A state DMV Official Driving Report found no citations/violations on the driving record. A driving record check with Transunion's owned, Drivers History, driving credit report, also found no violations. Check background check found no other violations.

4) Searching Lexis nexus, my insurance underwriting is clean from traffic citations, however, the one aspect I never realized is that Car Insurance roadside claims from USAA, report too C.L.U.E. Auto from LexisNexis is a claim history information exchange.

5) Aside from those Road Assistance claims, no accidents or violations are on my record.

6) My overall thought is that I get charged higher rates naturally, because I'm a male, albeit with a clean driving record, and no convictions for driving infractions.

Is it just because I am transitioning from my parents insurance to my own, that they charge higher rates?

Is there a point, say when I am in my 30's, where if I transition to my own policy, that I might be able to get a cheaper or comparable amount of coverage, from another insurance provider, for a lower amount?

Out of curiosity, I still wounder sometimes how if I had been found guilty for those traffic offenses, mentioned, above, how much my rates might have risen? Anyone have any expertise on this matter? Just out of curiosity, how much might my rates have risen if I had been found guilty?

Lastly, from all of your experience, what have you found to be the best Car Insurance Provider? Is USAA really the cheapest?

I'm prepared to stay with USAA for life, but I just wanted to ask this question and see what answers I might get? On my record, the only thing I can see that is increasing my premiums with other providers is roadside claims? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question. Cheers :D

What do you all pay per month for coverage? Currently I have Comprehensive & Colission for $500, Bodily Injury $100k per person, $200k per accident, Property Damage $50k, Uninsured Motorists $100k per person, $200k per accident, Uninsured Motorists Property Damage $50k.

What does everyone else pay and for what coverage amounts?

Thanks