Will sunlife pay if I died from suicide?

lewis977

I pay around 30k yearly, I don't know what kind of insurance my mom got me from sunlife, but will they pay If I die because of sucide?

@lewis977 I don't what what policy you have but this is terms and conditions for critical illness policies like Sun Life Assure and Sun fit and well:

"We will not pay for claims arising from any of the following: (a) any Critical Illnesses which are diagnosed within 90 days fromdate the policy comesinto force or its last reinstatement, whichever is later; (b) pre-existing or recurring critical illnesses which are diagnosed or for which the life insured contracted or undergone surgery prior to the date the policy comes into force or date of last reinstatement, whichever is later; (c) congenital abnormalities; (d) Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and/or any HIV-related illness including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and/or any mutations, derivation or variations thereof, except for Occupational Acquired HIV; (e) attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury while sane or insane; (f) taking or absorbing, accidentally or otherwise, any intoxicating liquor, sedative or poison drug, narcotic or medicine, except as prescribed by a Doctor; (g) inhaling any gas or fumes, except if the inhalation is accidental AND in the course of duty; and (h) any illness not specified above."