Why *don't* you buy Halal ETFs?

@michael_natale I don't think that the stocks classified as 'halal' are actually halal.

I simply do not think that the defence provided by the aaoifi is sufficient for the allowance of the debt.

If i agreed with their standards, I would purchase halal ETF's without a second thought

@michael_natale Honestly, mostly business activity, as in the way the company makes money. P&G for example makes hygiene products. That's fine imo. Others not very much. Obviously debt & interest levels matter to me as well but I'm fine if they're under the set guidelines (eg 30% or 33%). But even then I noticed some companies are leveraged to their eye balls and are still held by said ETFs. Maybe it takes a while to adjust holdings and such but if that's the case then what's the point of a halal ETF then?

I agree with others that their fees are high but frankly that wouldn't be a concern to me if I was comfortable with buying them from a sharia perspective

@michael_natale Lending is goods and currency or money. The market concentrate index funds are filled with them. In fact, I cannot even enter business with currency capital stock. r/usdc is fiat reserve, not the Native American treasury deed revenuedata.doi.gov.