Why does the Indian government not provide stimulus checks like the US?

@tracey76 Hospital cash insurance can come in handy, especially to take the burden of hospitalization expenses over and above your existing medical insurance policy and even to compensate on loss of pay. Below, we have elaborated further on this insurance.

Pre-Existing DiseasesCovered after 12 Months

@resjudicata I got a star health policy and it says internal congenital disorders are covered but external are not. Heart disorders are internal so I guess I would be covered.

@sunsh2ne
At least the benefit will trickle down to some people.

Sorry but trickle down economics never works. The government last year did give handouts to businesses but those handouts never reached the kirana stores or small business owners. Instead the Ambanis, Adanis of this country curiously immensely wealthier while everyone else got poorer.

I absolutely agree with your sentiment that a universal basic income is required today. Unfortunately, this gauvernment is incapable of thinking outside there pyjamas.

@sunsh2ne You don't know the source of the money in US. Did Fed print it or Govt is emptying their pockets idk but it most probably has to be the former. In that case the inflation will rise and India can't afford to raise the inflation. The curve could be steep and it may cause a lot of poor and middle class people's hard earned money to devalue. Stimulus is not an option for countries like India.

@tydhgfmhgf I actually think the first point he makes about people not spending but hoarding in savings is far more logical than the reserves currency one. Having reserve currency status does not automatically move it away from simple supply demand logic. Reserve currency status isn't as classy as it sounds. It simply means that USD is the most accepted currency worldwide but that doesn't mean that's it's immune to printing devaluation.

@dkfromthelight It honestly seems that nobody has a clear answer for this. If people didn't know the ground reality and you told them US has printed trillions of dollars then I bet everyone would have expected inflation.

@blaise It is the big concern right now on Wall Street that we will see return of 70s style inflation after all the stimulus spending of last year and this year. That is why you seeing foreign currencies strengthening against US $.