wintrybelle

Hi everyone

This might not be entirely relevant for PFZA, but I’m thinking about switching banks and between fees, rewards, lounge access etc., there’s a lot of options. Got me wondering why people choose the account they do.

So, would love to know who you bank with, why you bank with them, and who you’d recommend :)

Thanks!

@wintrybelle Bank with FNB because they suckered me in when we were in final year.
Their app is great and all.
But their private bankers all suck, poor response times, hardly assist with anything, I get the feeling they don’t really prioritise you unless you are at the top of the financial bracket there.

@autisticchristianknight Yes I absolutely got suckered into it. Tried to get out of the sim and it took forever because they wouldn’t release my number.
Network was always crap, too many dead spots, sometimes I’d be on E for like half the day or I’d have to roam to get decent signal.
It was poor. Also, the data contracts are very far behind,. Which was the main reason I got out ASAP.
I’ve had this Vodacom 299 for 90Gb data for 4 years now, with FNB there was nothing comparable at app