nicaea_1q

Hi

I’d like to invest my euro savings on a index fund or ETF. What would be the easiest and less risky way to do so which doesn’t required me to read or watch tons of financing material for now? At the moment I don’t have the time for that but I’d like to have an easy and safe option to Pinot let my money on the bank acc “burning away”. Important: I would need to invest in something that the money is not “locked” in any way…it’s more of a emergency reserve in case I need to withdraw it suddenly.

@nicaea_1q They are the same ETF, they just differ in how dividends work with them. VWCE is an accumulating ETF which means dividends are invested back in. VWRL is distributing, which means dividends are paid out (quarterly, i think) to investors.

@childofgod222 It's not always advisable that way Tho, best option is to do your own research.

Or if the person can't, he can simply use savings accounts with a reasonable APY, not what banks have been giving to us.
Likes of Fluid Finance subreddit a recommended highly.

@greensboro2010water I agree a financial advisor is usually unnecessary, expensive, and uses suboptimal Investments, but better that than putting all their investments in crypto or a cash account because they didn't want to do any research.

@childofgod222 yeah!

Absolutely ,what you are saying is true , that is why it is always vital to invest not more than what you can afford to loose.

but from my experience on Fluid Finance funds on savings are withdrawable anytime ,anyday.

@childofgod222 I would more recommend a financial adviser to teach you what you need to know and for consulting, but not to handle the money for you. No one will care for your money the way you will because you're the only one who will benefit from it as much as you.

@nicaea_1q If these are emergency funds that you may need at any time I would not recommend stock ETFs.

The risk is that you will withdraw your funds at the worst possible time. It is reasonable to invest in stocks if you don't need the money for at least the next 5 years.In your case I advise you to invest the money you might need later in a saving account or short term bonds to take advantage of an interest rate of a few % and to be able to withdraw your money at any time without losing capital.

@nicaea_1q The answer is really simple. If it's an emergency reserve than only a savings account can be an option.

Are you saving up for something specific? Or are you trying to protect an emergency fund? How fast do you need to withdraw? Within a few months weeks, days or minutes?