Where can I invest 50k that will pay me monthly

mpaper345

58 but retired. Downsizing and I want to put the profits into something that will pay me some cash every month. Options?

@cwall Yeah if you want stock, xei is probably best bet with the tax advantage you will get from a lot of the income being eligible dividends.

There are also income funds like Canoe Income, those may have more stable income but very low growth prospects.

@cwall What would be the advantage to this over cash.to that is just .1% lower dividend return without the risk of underlying stock value? Or is the point that the stocks will appreciate as well, instead of just dividends?

@mpaper345 REITs are an option. They come with risk. Many have performed poorly since interest rates increased, and post pandemic conditions have decreased office and retail demand. Yet, this has also inflated their yields to above normal rates. You might see this either as a big red flag or an opportunity in the long run. I personally see some opportunity, but you'll have to be selective for well managed REITs, and be very patient.

@mpaper345 VRIF.TO

Vanguard Retirement Income ETF Portfolio seeks to provide a combination of consistent income with the possibility of some capital appreciation by investing in equity and fixed income securities.