trevor2clever

The wife was at fault and our totaled out vehicle with minor damage to other drivers car. This happened in May. Late July total payout was about $60k mainly for our vehicle. We’ve since replaced the vehicle and SF tagged her so I’m sure we’re not getting same rate. We hadn’t been with SF quite a year so forgiveness despite over 15 previous years no accidents with G. We swapped only to bundle with home insurance.

My question now that we’ve got our payout how long before shopping around for new insurance?

@thewordiswisdom I know I can shop and thanks. I guess what I’m trying to ask is if I should wait awhile for wife’s driving history to build back? So I’m not wasting my time because time is money. We’re wanting to go with a reputable company not some start up.

@trevor2clever Almost every "reputable" company will write you all. The issue is how much it will cost. You won't know the answer to get unless you get quotes. I could speculate all day, but that doesn't help you. The only way to find out is to get quotes. There is no specific right or wrong time to shop for insurance (except during the middle of an open claim).

@trevor2clever If you had a bad claim experience or you felt the claim was not handled properly, then switch. If the experience was satisfactory, why would you switch? The company just paid 60k. The new company gets the benefit of the higher premium, but the one who took care of it gets screwed. And people wonder why rates are so high.