What's with L&T Finance? L&T Finance Holdings Limited: Rights Issue

mapes21

So I got an email from L&T Finance stating some rights issuance and some stock calculations.

I can understand basic investments but anything beyond the surface confuses me. I did try to read and understand but couldn't make sense out of it.

The email has few links to some kind of forms and stuff.

Can someone please explain and help me understand what is up with L&T Finance?

@mapes21 I remember reading some news stating that L&T Finance would be opening a ₹2998.61 cr. rights issue.

I suppose you’re an eligible equity shareholder and are entitled to the rights issue. This could mean additional shares, dividends, or additional rights with respect to your already existing shares

@mapes21 Existing shareholders are given the exclusive right to purchase further equity shares or renounce this right.

You will of course have to pay for them. Look for section on how to apply - its probably similar to applying for an IPO.

@mapes21 Yes I believe so.

Do also check: I think also the right itself can be traded - or you can exercise the right and sell on open market. Maybe there is some price advantage to be gained there.

@farukb Yep. I sold my reliance rights issue when it was selling at a premium to the price difference. I just bought more reliance shares off the market instead.

@mapes21 Like I bought the share for a positional trade and then suddenly in Zerodha it shows up I even forgot the ticker it’s was something LTRFT or something saw a 2k profit and sold it immediately. The money even came into my account so yeah

@mapes21 L&T Finance shareholders are entitled for subscribing for additional shares in the ratio of 17 shares for every 74 shares held at Rs. 65 per share.
These Right Shares are offered at a discount to the existing shareholders.
You can either subscribe for the shares or sell the entitlement ( trading at Rs.20?). Otherwise these entitlements will automatically get renounced.

@mapes21 If you don't have any plans for subscribing for these additional shares then you can just sell the Right Entitlements (not your actual holding) at market price.
They are currently trading at around Rs. 20, I guess.