partypooper98

So I’m (22) planning to move out because I hate hate hate being at home and there is no mental peace. I think I’m wasting crucial time in life on the travel to work (1 hour +) and I could save the time and actually do things I need to do (study, side hustle, gym).

I found a really nice place but its about 25-30 mins away from my work. Rent is about 20k and i currently make 80k a month. I’m big on investing so I have about 4L in MF and 2 L liquid 1 L in FD.

My current monthly expenses do near 20-30k and even more or less in some months. Is it a good idea for me to go for a flat w rent this high? From what I have seen most decent places go for this amount and I just want someplace with mental peace. I’m scared that I’ll be not saving anything after this?

Edit: My monthly SIPs are 50-60% of my income. I would like to honestly keep the amount same but I’m not sure how possible that will be.

Medium term goals for me:

Have a NW of atleast 20L by the same time next. I would love the option to trade/invest in equity directly because I work in finance, though I know can go wrong as well, so I’m playing it safe with FD and MF right now.

I want to have 50% salary increment because I think I’m getting left behind :/ especially tech folks at my age

Some kind of side hustle that brings in atleast 30k a month so that it can cover my rent and living expenses at the very least.

Edit #2 I know 20k seems high but I saw this place and it was perfect!!! With a lot of open space and greenery that you just dont find in cities. After months of searching because I initially started looking at around 13k rent places, this whole process has made me learn alot and house hunting is a really really difficult job.

This may seem silly of me but the cheaper options are worse than my own house ? Grateful to my parents but its difficult to rationalise being worse off in the same city :(