What is Your Experience on Ditto Handling Your Declined Health Insurance Claims?

@keneyhector Even ditto can't help if you have not declared preexisting diseases correctly before buying. Even the best most consumer friendly insurance will decline claim in this case.

We should cover all bases.
  • select the insurance co with good record
  • select a comprehensive policy with all features
  • select a decent intermediary like ditto
  • declare all pre existing diseases transparently.
  • read the policy docs thoroughly
Do this and pray that things work smoothly for you.

@keneyhector For any insurance I would recommend buying through an agent that is known to you or has a history with your family with a good track record and whom you can call anytime for any problems. They know the inner workings of the industry a lot better than you and can take your headache of claims away.

@art4jc559 I don't have the same experience. My uncle(mom's brother)is an agent and even he only cares about just his commission and nothing else. He has never helped us with any queries, receipts. But sends renewal reminders very promptly. I am only continuing with the policy because my mom would feel bad if I discontinue.

@art4jc559 How do I find one? Because everyone I ask (friends and family) are pretty much in the same boat. Someone in the family trying to sell products that we don't need and providing no guidance with regards to benefits or choosing the right product. Is there a way to check the claim settlement ratio for an agent to verify their track record?

@brittnyest They dont have limit recently they have made changes in policy. if there is limit still this is not issue your claim is not going to get rejected in case of if you go with private player they can reject your claim. don go for private insurance I have read and seen so many people’s who did not get claim amount. HDFC and all they are just doing advertisements on reddit and twitter to show they are better do go for them

@myshunoguy Can you please share the policy name.
Also I was going thorough Oriental Insurance Youth Eco Care which seems pretty good. No limits on room rent, diseases and modern treatment.

Any idea if or Oriental insurance is as good as other government insurance companies like new India and United

@brittnyest Genuinely government policies are good they are not for making a money in case of private player they have to make hell lots of money for their greedy shareholders and that’s the problem. My policy name is FAMILY MEDICARE POLICY.
I have take single policy as well topup to protect the wealth and health