What is Your Experience on Ditto Handling Your Declined Health Insurance Claims?

@stacyb Probably better commission. But you only think, if HDFC ergo has the "best ratings", most "claims fulfilled" yet have so many complaints from real users TOH how bad are other insurance companies????

@laylamendiola This thing is really f*cked up!
The insurance scene in India needs a total revamp, I mean I'm a well educated person and working in a fortune 50 company and still can't figure out which company is good or bad because the numbers don't depict the truth and reality.

Ditto always suggest HDFC, no matter what and what shall I do? Whom to trust?

@stacyb If you're in a fortune 50 company, you're better off setting aside a chunky sum monthly in a Rd or something that will only be used during medical emergencies. Along with also having an insurance ofcourse

@laylamendiola Yes they will. My friend made a claim a few years back. He had to submit all the document to the head office in the city for HDFC. But now ICICI had made it online. You just submit the forms on the APP and you get approval. No need to send documents. I did a claim for cataract operation for 84k and got 82k this year for my mom. The policy is 12 years old and this was the second claim. The first on was 8 years back for 6 lakhs which was also paid. If your documents are in order with no mention of pre-exisitng disease and you go to top hospitals your claim will not be rejected. But if you go to lower ones, they will ask for additional documents and will reduce the paid amount.

@keneyhector HDFC Ergo seems to be going to the dogs lately. When it comes to health insurance companies, they try to screw you when you are most vulnerable. The only thing assured is premiums and big premium hikes at renewal. You have to be really lucky to get the claims paid when you need hospitalization.

The claim settlement ratios like 99.9 % are meaningless due to more than one reason. The main reason is that even paying off a tiny fraction of each claim amount, you can get 100% claim settlement ratios.

I have two health policies with Tata AIG. The premiums are high, even higher than HDFC ergo. But I have little trust that they will pay the claims without fighting me tooth and nail if I need hospitalization. Anything I have tried to get them to do after the initial policy purchase was not smooth or fast. Actually it was a struggle. I have tried to add my newborn daughter to the policies. I tried to add a preexisting condition to the policy that I initially forgot to declare.

The representatives are not on the same page, they don't seem to have a full view of your policies. It is still not done for one policy. More worryingly, the people who ask your health history, pre-existing conditions etc. don't seem to have much medical knowledge at all.

This renewal I thought I would port it out to HDFC Ergo. But I didn't know I had to start 45 days before policy expiry. Also, HDFC Ergo looks no less shitty.