What do y’all think?

1036lynsey

I have a 2022 Hyundai Elantra hybrid. In June I was T-Boned. I was very scared as at the time I didn’t have insurance. But as it wasn’t my fault the other parties insurance covered all the damage 13,899$ in damages. My car before the accident was valued around 18-20k. I came across a TikTok recently explaining Diminished Value Claims. Do y’all think I have a case?

https://www.facebook.com/share/Y5UaZSVdL4H3FtaM/?mibextid=K8Wfd2.

fb for proof

@1036lynsey Go ahead and make a claim with the insurance company. Just be aware they are likely going to reject it. Then you have to decide if you want to sue the drive of the car that hit you in smalls claims court. You will likely want to hire an expert (easily found on Google) to be an expert witness on your behalf. After you factor in the time lost for attending court and hiring someone to be your expert witness, you may find like me it's not worth it.

@1036lynsey Well, hiring an expert witness involves them first doing a diminished value analysis for you and then testifying. That will be several hundred dollars. Depending upon how much you make, taking a day off work will also cost. Calculate that against the possibility of success. I decided against it, as I consider my PTO valuable and my chances at 50/50.