What are some good insurance companies to work for?

wogspeaker

So I started working with this union based insurance company (We still sell policies to people who arent with a union, but our client base is mostly union and where we get our leads from) and now that I see how the company works it feels very bait and switch.

I essentially call people saying "Hey, Im calling about the no cost child safe kits that you had requested" or
"Im calling about the no cost $x,000 AD&D benefit your union has setup for you at no cost"
Then I get infront of them, small talk, and work life insurance in. But 80% of the time, they arent aware Im coming over to talk about this stuff.
This also ends up with people thinking we're a fake company, or a telemarketing scam. They also have to get the AD&D renewed yearly. So when I got to this guys house he already knew what I was there to talk about.

I dont want to join a company where I have to go and seek out my clients myself, but at least a company that has a system setup for me to get some leads and go from there.

The company itself and the workspace environment is actually really great, but its just the way they go about getting sales.

@wogspeaker I worked for Lloyd Agencies, Under American Income for almost 6 months and couldn't shake the feeling of deceptive business practices. At first the work environment was really great but after a promotion they took away all cold leads/union leads and made business referral only. That on top of the borderline bait and switch tactics made me leave not long after. Then like 4 months later a client canceled his policy and they tried getting me to payback $500.00, put a really bad taste in my mouth. I'd honestly recommend a better known company like Statefarm, Nationwide etc. If you have your licensing its pretty easy to get hired on to a less MLM feeling company.

@cortney128 How long ago was that?
Or is Lloyd Agencies a different part of American Income Life?
Because the managers at my office still get leads. It may have changed overtime.
I'll look into more companies though.

@wogspeaker Primerica is a great option. Only drawback is you need to work on getting your own leads and clients. Working warm market is great to start and expand from there.