What’s an appropriate electric bill size?

@sally1996 The main driver of this is how much heating you use. I grew up in a warm house where the heat was always on so I’m soft and now I do run my heat a lot more than others. In a G rated house with electric heating that kind of behaviour would quickly bankrupt me! By comparison some friends grew up in homes where they didn’t even know how to turn on the heat, I’m assuming their heating needs are much lower and hence their bills will be the same.

Take a look at your units used and the rate you are paying, those are the only things you can really control.

Bonkers.ie does have some good comparison services but don’t think they offer all suppliers, they are very slow to let you know that some of the big players aren’t on their system.

@sally1996 Mine is about €80/month without using electric heating. Since you use electric heating, expect a much, much higher bill.

Do you know your kWh usage? That's the best way to figure out what your bill will be.

@sally1996 I've a bigger house and work from home. Family of 4. My last bill for 2 months was about €650 after the credit was applied.

Depending on your tariff, the standing charge alone is probably €30 ISH per month before you even start using electricity.