What’s a good HMO for self-employed individuals who have pre-existing conditions?

mdsmedia

I have Philhealth but I need a good HMO that covers the following:

-inpatient benefits
-outpatient benefits
-surgeries and treatment (possibly chemo)
-meds (if possible)

My current issues are non-alcoholic fatty liver and gallstones. I might have to go under the knife for the gallstones later on, but right now I’m trying to mitigate that through medicines and an improved diet. I need an HMO that will allow me to get treatment for these pre-existing conditions.

I mention chemo as I had cancer in 2017, but I’ve been cancer-free due to chemo since then. Just putting it out there—would this be considered a pre-existing condition as well?

I live in Western Mindanao so the HMO I get should be able to work in hospitals here and is not Metro Manila-centric. I have kids but I don’t need life insurance. Although I would want them to be automatically covered under my policy.

I need an efficient HMO that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg for things that I don’t really need. I prefer term life—ideally, for 3 years or so, renewable. I just really need medical insurance to manage the risk of not being able to cover expensive treatments as well as several check-ups and procedures. Would you have any recommendations?

@mdsmedia Hi OP! Sorry to burst your bubble but since you are advised to undergo surgery, no HMO/insurance company that can cover you that. At the very best, 6 months after ng surgery pa after mag apply. Next issue to be addressed is your cancer-free situation. This most likely be approve at high premium (expect the worse like 50-80k+ annual premium) or declined.

For companies that covers pre-existing condition, try AXA or Pacific cross. Mura sana mga prepaid HMOs kaso mostly applicable sa Metro Manila clinics.

Also kung pipili ka ng HMO, better kung affliated doctor/s mo dun. Mas maganda just go to company that has HMO benefit.