[west virginia] please give some advice

hm36

Help please guys, I broke my shoulder on my bike the other day, the dr says I can’t work, my company is not going to fire me through recovery thank god, but I’ve used my vacation, and personal time, I need money to live I’ve got kids to feed. Can I get unemployment. Please throw me some advice.

@hm36 Can't work, no unemployment. Apply for disability from the state (not likely to go anywhere unless it's a permanent disability).

Since we have to assume no disability coverage from employer or that OP has an Aflac policy.

OP has few of any options.

@hm36 If they had fired you, you might have a chance if you could demonstrate you got fired from that job but you could do another job for which you have been trained to do. But when you can't do the job you currently have and they are willing to hold the job for you, then you don't really have that option.

Have you asked them if there is anything you can do as light duty? You can try to get some other kind of work on the side. ratracerebellion.com has some job vetted work at home jobs.

Good luck to you.