US January PPI 6.0% y/y vs 5.4% expected and US initial jobless claims 194K versus 200K estimate

@climpah True. Right now the 20 year real yield is 1.5%. It is reasonable to believe that there is still some reward for taking risk in stocks because real earnings can grow much faster than 1.5%/year over the long term.

@pamelaquezada This has been my plan. My 401K money goes in broad indexes twice a month. Outside that I am building up cash with plans to scale into the market later. It is a gamble, but I feel the odds are good the Fed's actions will eventually take its toll on the market and I can buy in lower.

@babygirl2427 I don't think this is a bad take but I think you should slightly adjust your logic. I wouldn't try to predict where the markets head...

However, I think it's reasonable to say things are very risky right now and there are many unknowns that might make the markets swing in either direction. If you're uncomfortable with that then investing your capital into bonds, treasuries, savings accounts, etc is an appropriate move.

I just wouldn't assume either way where markets may head...

@neannajo5 Confident enough of scalping the crap out of a couple companies. I’m not holding shares overnight for a while. If those companies I’m scalping go to a specific price range I will definitely go long. The risk is not worth it for me as of today.