Update: Tim Hortons App - Settlement of the National Class Action Approved

@brasyliam Can I even get the coffee and donut at the same time? Last time I tried to activate two offers together they both activated but only one would be recognized at the cash and the other was just wasted.

Or there was the time I activated one at the airport and was then told they don’t accept them there and then lost it.

I f’n hate their stupid app. I’ve got $1.11 stuck in it because I can’t spend exactly that and can only add more in increments of $5 or $10 or something stupid so I can never actually spend it all.

@allypall5 It’s been a few years since I tried. It used to be all or nothing. You couldn’t do a partial payment from the app.

Has that changed? I just abandoned it.

@dwrity90 yes its changed - no partial orders from the app but if you order in person you can scan your payment qr code from the tims app and the cashier will prompt you to pay the difference -- then you can enjoy your $0 balance and use apple pay/google pay to pay in exact amounts when placing mobile orders afterwards

@brasyliam I ordered a latte with it today. I almost puked. It tasted like rotten metal. Don’t order their non packaged drinks, idk maybe they downgraded their products in anticipation of oncoming free orders. Usually it’s not this horrendous

@brasyliam Alexa, tell Siri to stop ordering on the Tim Hortons app, they tracked my location. Ok, shall I also inform Google home assistant too? Please, can’t trust that damn Timmy, who know what he’d do if he knew I was near a location looking for coffee….

@brasyliam Got this today. App still has to be active. Lol. Everyone deleted it when they were exposed. Those who didn't...have a not so fresh baked donut and double double.

I've learned with age those who ask for forgiveness win. That's not a good thing.

@jeanneaaa Did you actually read about the settlement? They were tracking your precise location at all times. This was not disclosed to app users. Surely you realize that's not a normal, expected use of data in such a context? How is the consumer at fault here?

@immela My bad for my phrasing. I wasn’t victim blaming, just pointing out my distrust for any kind of app sold to me by a company that wants me to buy their shit. And it is being sold, there’s no such thing as free.

No, I hadn’t read it. That is truly egregious, but sadly, not surprising.