Unknowingly applied for a Walmart MasterCard and was denied. Will this affect my Credit Score?

7curly11

Double scanned an item at self checkout and went back in to get a refund. During the process they recorded some of my information which is normal for some 'return' procedures.

I guess the person signed me up for an in-store "Walmart Rewards Mastercard" without asking because about a week a later I got piece of physical mail stating I was denied for said card.

Will this impact my current credit score?

Is it worth contacting and complaining to store?

@7curly11 Absolutely worth going back to the store but probably your word against the employees so and yes it will affect your credit score it’ll show that you applied for and were denied because you didn’t qualify. It’s not great. Think that stays on your porch for seven years I think I know any hard credit check does I would check if it was a hard credit check or check with even a good result credit card check still on their cable electricity utilities they stay on there for a long time good or bad sometimes people look at the report dentist is in bed, so are you always shop around if you want her credit check is required somewhere you know cause I can’t afford to put $1500 down for a smart phone like right now