UK Personal Finance App/Software - P&L and/or Asset Tracking - Recommendations...?

mbodza

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a personal finance app/software that does at least one of the following:

ASSET TRACKING - automatic transaction feeds from bank accounts and investment account(s), to see a graph of (liquid/semi-liquid) assets over certain periods. I.e over 1/2/5 years.An alternative to this would be software that can automatically feed transactions into Excel/Sheets

PERSONAL 'P&L' - automatic transaction feed from bank accounts, which can be categorised into income or expense categories, with the ability to see a monthly summary, and compare with previous months.(I think for it to work efficiently, you'd need to be able to setup transaction 'rules'.)

I’m an accountant, so have setup the 'personal P&L' in Xero, but it’s too manual and tedious - mainly because its not built for the purpose its been used for.

Thanks

N.b.I effectively want to see a graph of my ‘assets’ over time, and also a monthly P&L that can be compared to previous months.

Some of the (better) apps/websites I've tried include:

Lumio

MoneyDashboard

Sheetsync (no UK bank feeds)

Tiller (no UK bank feeds)

Money in Excel (no UK bank feeds)

@mbodza If I remember rightly, you can do this with You Need A Budget. I think their bank feed set up doesn’t include UK Banks, but there is a service who will enable this.

@mbodza Spreadsheet for assets since you don’t want that to be live - it only encourages you to fuck with your plan.

r/ynab is very very good for managing personal money and spending from now into the future, but requires syncforynab.com or similar for automatic syncing outside the us/Canada.