UK income tax when working abroad

I’m planning to work in Thailand for a couple of years for my current UK employer. Salary will still be paid by my UK employer into my UK account. Basically, the only thing that will change is I’ll be working from a house in Thailand instead of my home in the UK.

I will have a Visa that exempts me from paying income tax in Thailand.

Question is, will I still be liable to pay UK income tax on my earnings whilst living and working overseas.?

@setmefree7474 But the income is not UK sourced if the work is done by someone who is physically in Thailand.

What matters is where the work is performed. Not where the company is located, what account the salary ends up in, or what currency.

Also, the company will possibly have to deal with doing tax and social security withholding according to Thailand's laws, unless an employer of record is used.

@achildoftheonetrueking Watch out for the new expat tax rules in Thailand.

Effective January 1, 2024, the Thai Ministry of Finance will impose stricter tax rules on foreign income for individuals who have resided in Thailand for at least 180 days during a tax year.

This means if you have been living in Thailand for more than half of the year, your foreign income will now be subject to local tax laws, regardless of whether the money physically enters Thailand or not.