U.S. Credit Card vs U.S. Dollar Credit Card?

tommy_s

I am looking into doing things like opening an account with some American streaming services and also maybe opening a American PayPal account.

They all can tell when a credit card is issued in Canada vs America and can block me as a result.

I was looking into the feasibility of getting a U.S. Credit Card as a Canadian and I stumbled across the fact that several Canadian banks have cross-border offers so I can get an American credit card from them even though I do not live or work in the states but some of the wording of the credit cards I have found makes me suspicious

For example C.I.B.C., T.D. Bank and ScotiaBank bother offer what they call a "U.S. Dollar Visa Card", meanwhile R.B.C. specifically calls its product a "U.S. Credit Card for Canadian"

What is a "U.S. Dollar" Visa Card and is it any different from a U.S. Credit Card for Canadian? I tried googling this to very little results.

@tommy_s You need a cross border plan to use USD PayPal. You can’t accept USD into a typical USD account the banks offer.

We use TD for exactly this. We have “US” USD accounts with actual swift codes etc for transfers and a VISA debit card. You can then transfer to and from the Canadian USD account to pay bills. BMO has a no fee USD master card that we use for USD purchases / transfers.