U.S. 2-year Treasury note at 4.5% - would you buy or look for CD?

@resjudicata CD yes. i just dumped into a 5% cd for 22 months with an upgrade after 9 months to dump in another 50% of many aind incrase it ti 5.25%

I have another lump of money in a 7 months 5% CD so its ready to go into the 22months one when it opens up for adding in more

Taxes are a very good point, luckily for me no state income tax here so its come outs the same

@patricia1990 Get an I-bond for 6.89% and redeem in a year (you lose 3 months interest if held less than five). No, I wouldn’t get a 2 year bond over an Ibond for savings, at best you’re hoping that a reduction in interest rate will cause bond price to rise so you can make a quick penny, but that’s not personal finance, it’s betting on the bond market.

@patricia1990 I have no state income tax in my state so I often opt for a CD if I can find one that pays monthly. That being said many CDs are callable so if you want to lock in that yield until maturity then a treasury may be more suitable. I'm just glad we have choices in fixed income now.

@patricia1990 BIL is an ETF that tracks short term treasuries if you don’t want the commitment of a 2 year note. I don’t think it’s paying quite the same rate though so it’s less yield for the convenience.